I know some time has gone by and I have personally been anxiously awaiting its arrival, so I am glad to say that the next release of Autodesk Quantity Takeoff (QTO) 2011 has been released with new updates and features.
Here is a quick look at some of new enhancements (I'll have a few blogs posts in the future to further explore some of the new features):
- Edit a takeoff element or a group of selected takeoff elements from the Properties palette.
- Edit DWF properties from the Properties Box
- Work Break Down Structure Groups. A column for Work Breakdown Structure groups has been added to the Takeoff palette, Property palette, and Workbook.
- Enable takeoff model coloring in 3D views to maintain those colors assigned in the Takeoff palette. This keeps it consistent with the coloring seen in 2D views.
- Legends now accurately depict color, symbols, and fills.
- Exporting to Excel spreadsheets is more accurate.
- Network Deployment of Autodesk Quantity Takeoff installation and licensing is now supported.
- Network license borrowing enabled.
- Model takeoff support for Inventor DWFs.
- Full Windows 7 support.
- Multiple memory and performance enhancements.
A quick note about installing QTO 2011. You will have to remove QTO 2010 prior to installing 2011 since some of the new updates and enhancements will not allow for a side by side installation of QTO 2010 and 2011. QTO 2011 may not install if QTO 2010 is currently installed on the system.
How do you get QTO 2011? For those of your on subscription, you should be able to log into the
Subscription Center (http://subscription.autodesk.com) and download QTO 2011. Otherwise contact your local reseller for more information.